Sunday, August 8, 2010

So close and yet so far.

Funny how there were so many things, that used to matter, but didn't anymore. But things that didn't seems to matter last time, matters a lot now.

Before we into the agility ring today, I thought we were soo ready. They didn't even have a tyre jump in the course! Till the few minutes before our turn, happy wasn't showing any interest in the food I'm holding. She was backing off, she didn't want anything. We walk in the ring, I put her down, preparing for the worst. She stare at me, jump over a jump and she's done. She ran around the ring like, she was herding those jumps. The first round, we tried 3 times and the second, I decided could she do the end the end of part of the course? I took her and she went in the tunnel and then she ran off again. I wasn't upset or anything, I was just disappointed. But with a dog that has so many problems, you just have to get used to be disappointed. So what's the big deal? It's not the first time others seen her running off like that before. 
So, am I going home to train harder again?
The answer would more likely to be a no, she's taking a break from agility. In the mean time, we'll work on other stuffs like obedience, crate training and tricks too. Not sure if we're able to go training or maybe we should go anymore. Let's see how things work out, I don't think I got the
"don't stop believing feeling" in me. It takes time to get it back though. See everyone back in training maybe few weeks or maybe months time! Also, if anyone is interested to rent me a puppy/dog to me to do agility.. I would love to.. so umm.. ring me up? Getting able to run Russell and Cami was fun, thanks a lot for letting me run them! I was a little unsure about running Cami, she's so great and fast. and I wasn't at all ready to run someone's else dog,especially a fast and great one but thanks a lot to her human who taught me how to handle his little amazing dog :) The first impression, I ran her was like.. whoa, she's fast!
And,we also apologize for everyone to run around to chase after the crazy mad dog on the loose in the ring.

Well, thanks to eva's owners for taking this video. haha this is basically, the " Whose your best friend " trick!

-Jiayee.

1 comment:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I love the Whose your friend trick! really fantastic!
Sorry the agility trial did not go better...my doggie Lizzie is fantastic doing agility when she is in the right mood, but if she went to a trial she would do the same thing.